The benefits of Sivananda yoga are fully experienced through immersion in the yogic lifestyle and a combination of repeated, guided group practice and inspirational theoretical lessons. This is offered in a positive and uplifting environment. The many benefits that students report are greater self-awareness, a sense of connection, a newfound sense of self–discipline, enhanced self–esteem, improved power of concentration and increased strength and flexibility.
Students receive a certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center and are entitled ‘Yoga Shiromani’ (Teacher of Yoga). This training is registered by and fulfills the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200 hours certification.
- Hatha Yoga Theory,
- Yoga Philosophy,
- Yoga Psychology,
- Anatomy and Physiology,
- Yoga Diet and Nutrition,
- Bhagavad Gita,
- Mantras and Chanting
The course will be offered in English with senior Sivananda teachers. It will be translated simultaneously in Vietnamese, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
- Participation in all classes and punctuality are mandatory.
- Wearing of uniforms is expected for all satsangs and lectures.
- The basic guidelines are: No drugs, alcohol, smoking, non-vegetarian food items, nudity and promiscuity, weapons, loud music, backbiting and profanity.
- You need to have health insurance or sign a medical health release.
5:30 a.m. Wake-up Bell
6:00 a.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
8:00 a.m. Asana & Pranayama Class
10:00 a.m. Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 a.m. Karma Yoga (helping in the ashram)
12:00 p.m. Chanting or Bhagavad Gita Class
2:00 p.m. Main Lecture
4:00 p.m. Asana & Pranayama (teaching techniques)
6:00 p.m. Vegetarian Dinner
8:00 p.m. Satsang (meditation, chanting, lecture)
This schedule is followed 6 days of the week, with one day off for resting, studying, etc.
- Two sets of uniforms are provided, but you will need to bring modest, comfortable clothes for asana practice plus casual clothes.
- Be prepared for hot weather and possible rain. We recommend that you bring a waterproof jacket, t-shirts, warm pants, socks, nightclothes, shoes for nature walks and a pair of slip-on shoes.
- For those in dormitories, sheets and pillows are provided.
- Bring your own yoga mat, meditation cushion, meditation shawls, blankets, toiletries, books, notebooks, pens, flashlights, alarm clocks, postage stamps, water bottles, snacks and everages will be available in the boutique.
It is preferable that you change money at the airport and bring enough for your purchases in the boutique, transportation fees for weekend outings, field trips and extras like massage, etc.
Address: Lang an duong Ba Thuong (Ba Thuong Wellness center) Ap (hamlet) Rang, Xa (village)Trung Lap Thuong, Huyen (county) Cu Chi, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.
Take any major airline to fly to Tan Son Nhat, Ho Chi Minh City airport.
For pick-up from airport, please arrange in advance by emailing time of arrival.
Arrival February 8, 2014 in the morning
Departure March 9, 2014 by 12 noon (or on Mar. 8 after 6pm)
To ease the registration process, students should make their payments in full before arriving at the ashram and fill out the necessary paperwork beforehand.
Time: Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 at 11am
Location: We will depart from Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center located at downtown Ho Chi MInh city. Address: 25 Tran Quy Khoach Street, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi MInh City. (Close by Tan Dinh Market) Tel: (08) 6680 5428 - (08) 6680 5427 Or: 098.405.0674 (ask for Ganga)
For International Students, the cost of the one month TTC certificate program, including all classes, instruction, course manual and meals, is as follows:
Dormitory 5 people with A/C - $2520 USD
Dormitory 3 people with A/C - $2730 USD
Double 2 people with A/C- $2900 USD
Single 1 person with A/C - $3420 USD
For Vietnamese Students, please direct all registration and enquiries for special discount for Vietnamese Nationals to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dormitory 5 people is FULL. Only D3, D2 and Single remaining.
There are massage treatments available, sauna (dry and steam), laundry (included in cost), internet service, postal service, medical service, transportation from airport, transportation for field trips and cultural events.
Do you have a question or would you like to send us a message? Click for our contact form.